Ticket Transfer makes it possible to send tickets to friends and family. Whether you’re organizing the group or sending a gift, it only takes a few simple taps.
How do I transfer tickets?
- Open the Ticketmaster app and sign into your account.
- Tap My Events and select the event to view your tickets.
- Tap Transfer. If the Transfer button is grayed out, your tickets aren’t eligible for transfer.
- Select the tickets you'd like to transfer and tap Transfer To.
- Enter your recipient's information, including their mobile number or email address — you could even add a note too.
- Tap Transfer Ticket.
- Sign into your My Account.
- Click View Upcoming Events.
- Select your event.
- Click Transfer. If the Transfer button is grayed out, your tickets aren’t eligible for transfer. For account security, you may need to confirm your account by entering the four-digit code emailed or texted to you.
- Select the tickets you'd like to transfer.
- Enter your recipient's information, including their email address — you could even add a note too.
- Click Confirm.
Your transferred tickets will show in your account as Transfer pending. Once the recipient has accepted them, you’ll receive an email confirming the ticket has been accepted. After a successful Ticket Transfer, the ticket in your account is no longer valid for event entry.
How does ticket transfer work? Is it safe?
When you transfer tickets to another fan and they accept them, the recipient is issued a new barcode that only they can use. The tickets in the sender’s account will no longer be valid for entry.
What's the benefit of using Ticket Transfer?
You can use Ticket Transfer to send some or all of your tickets from your Ticketmaster account to others securely. It allows everyone going to the event to have their own ticket. And it's easy, safe, and completely free to do.
Do I have to transfer all of my tickets?
No, you can transfer all or some of your tickets.
How do I know if the tickets have been accepted?
Once you send a ticket, you’ll see either:
Transfer Pending, which means your friends have not accepted the transferred tickets yet — remind them to check their email or text messages for the transfer invite.
Transfer Complete, which means the transfer has been successful.
Ticket Transfer requirements
Can you transfer tickets for any event?
For most events, you can use Ticket Transfer. But some events have rules and restrictions applied to them. If Ticket Transfer isn’t eligible, the Transfer button will be grayed out.
Why is transfer not available on my event?
Ticket Transfer is available for most events, but not all.
This could be because:
The venue doesn't offer Ticket Transfer yet (we're working on that).
The artist or venue turned Ticket Transfer off for that event/section.
The event was canceled (ticket buyers are automatically refunded).
The event has already happened.
The tickets were bought over the phone.
Will the person I transfer tickets to need a Ticketmaster account?
Yes, but if they don’t have one, it only takes seconds to create a Ticketmaster account.
If they have an account already, use the email address associated with their Ticketmaster account for the Ticket Transfer — it’s easier for them to accept tickets that way.